USAID Job Circular
USAID Bangladesh and United States Forest Service International Program (USFS/IP) recently entered into an inter-agency partnership, with funding from USAID Bangladesh, in which USFS/IP will implement the ‘Community Partnerships to Strengthen Sustainable Development’ (Compass) program. Compass will address natural resource management challenges in Bangladesh through establishing a youth conservation corps, strengthening community capacity and promoting public participation, providing direct technical support to Bangladesh Forest Department, and strengthening the capacity of academic and research institutions in natural resource management and resilience. USAID intends to fund Compass for five years, subject to the availability of funding. The Compass Program is seeking a qualified and experienced professional to be the full-time ‘Administrative Officer’ based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The Administrative Officer will be a core member of the Compass program in Bangladesh and will be responsible for providing administrative, and logistical support to the Compass program, including coordinating and arranging project-related local and international activities.
The US Forest Service mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the nation’s forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations. Through the combination of direct land management, working collaboratively with states, tribes, and private landowners, and providing technical capacity building and education efforts the Agency is involved in the management of 80% of the forested land in the United States.
As a division of the Office of the Chief of U.S. Forest Service, the U.S. Forest Service Office of International Programs (USFS/IP) works in over 90 countries, to promote sustainable forest management and biodiversity conservation internationally. By linking the skills of the field-based staff of the U.S. Forest Service with partners overseas, the agency can address the world’s most critical forestry issues and concerns. USFS/IP collaborates with local and international non-governmental organizations, universities, and host country governments. We also collaborate with other U.S. government agencies, including the U.S. Agency for International Development and the U.S. Department of State. Internationally, programs focus on building institutional relationships between our agency and our in-country partners, enabling continuous collaboration over the long-term.
In collaboration with USAID Bangladesh, USFS/IP has been working in Bangladesh since 2009 and has developed longstanding partnerships in Bangladesh by providing need-based capacity building technical assistance in support of national-level capacity for forest management and monitoring. The Compass program will build on this work and expand to new thematic areas and geographic regions.
B. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION
Issuance Date: 22 October 2020
Application Closing Date: 06 November 2020
Number of Positions: 01 (One)
Position Title: Administrative Officer
Level of Efforts: Full Time
Period of Performance: Initially 1 Year; with the possibility of extension
Base Location: Based in Dhaka, Bangladesh with regular travel to field sites
Expected Starting Date: 01 December 2020
The Administrative Officer is responsible for providing technical, administrative, and logistical support to the Compass program, including coordinating and arranging project-related local and international activities. All work must be done in close coordination with the Human Resources and Administrative Manager.
The ‘Administrative Officer’ will support the program with duties and responsibilities including, but not be limited to, the following:
Administrative Support (80%)
- Maintain Compass store and prepare monthly report.
- Assist to arrange Compass meeting, seminar, workshop, and different training.
- Ensures all files (both electronic and hard copy) and project documents are organized and updated.
- Facilitates to short term technical assistance (STTA) by sending visa letters and any other required information.
- Assist HRAM on recruitment and selection process.
- Endure Office maintenance task are
- Assist OPL Manager on procurement process and logistics management issues.
- Monitor cleanliness of Compass office floor and its premises; ensure utilities are using effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure Maintaining service contract (A/C, generator, dish, pest control company etc.) regularly.
- Ensure timely repair & maintenance services as and when required.
- Assist to HRAM for record Keeping of new, old or damage assets of Compass. Follow up for arrange disposal of damaged assets.
- Manage petty cash related task and reporting.
- Disseminates project-related technical reports and materials to the different Government offices/officials and stakeholders/partners.
- Maintains good working relations with team and project partners.
- Maintains inventory of projects technical reports.
- Manage and monitor consumption of Compass communication and branding materials and remind respective for the current balance and take initiative to re-order.
- Carry out any other related responsibilities as assigned by the office.
C. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
To be considered for the position, a candidate must meet the minimum qualifications listed below:
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Management or business administration or related discipline.
Experience: At least 3 years of total experience with minimum 2 years’ experience to work with USAID funded program. Experience in administrative support to an international team. Strong experience in project support management especially stores, events and logistics support management.
- Knowledge to work with USAID and other donor agencies;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, ability to identify and resolve administrative and operational constraints with diplomatic and delicate manner.
- Ability to clear communication (cross cultural), interest in learning new tools and dynamic.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Advanced proficiency in relevant computer applications e.g. MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS- PowerPoint, and basic internet skills are required.
The incumbent must be proficient in spoken and written English at Level IV (fluent) and must likewise be fully fluent in spoken and written Bangla. English language skill will be tested.
D. BENEFITS AND ALLOWANCES:
The benefits and allowances for this position would be in line with Compass policy and guidelines, commensurate with the experience, qualification and previous track-record of the successful applicant.
E. INSTRUCTION FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
Interested applicants are requested to properly fill in the application form available at this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vHZVHjwyxAIdUQr9QSwDlKlIvqWdmBUa99CKsTFeg1s. Applicant must have an active Gmail account to complete the application. In the application form, the interested applicants must provide accurate information to all required fields and attach the following documents listed below:
1) A Cover Letter illustrating applicant’s qualifications to meet the requirements for this position. Please use the following naming convention for your file: FirstName_LastName_CoverLetter. The cover letter must be attached either in MS word or in PDF file format.
2) A Curriculum Vitae (CV) with full contact details, specific description of educational background, career experiences, and achievements. Please use the following naming convention for your file: FirstName_LastName_CV. The CV must be attached either in MS word or in PDF file format.
Please note that the interested applicants must submit the applications on or before 11.59 PM 06 November 2020.
The successful applicant will be hired through a local hiring mechanism or through an international contracting mechanism to be employed on the Compass program, as per organizational policy. Applicant will not be hired by, nor an employee of, the US Forest Service. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further assessment. The applicants who are not shortlisted will not be notified. All qualified candidates will be considered regardless of age, race, color, sex, creed, national origin, lawful political affiliation, non-disqualifying handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, affiliation with an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.