Anyone who is thinking about a career nowadays prefers the subject of higher education abroad. Therefore, the rate of application for scholarships offered by developed countries is increasing every year. Turkey, which has been at the top of the agenda for two decades due to various reasons, also announced their government scholarships this year as it does every year with all the necessary facilities. Students from around 160 countries around the world apply for this scholarship. Scholars are admitted to more than 100 government universities in 55 cities in Turkey.
turkey government scholarship 2021
What will the students get if they get a scholarship?
* University admission and tuition fees
* One-year language course
* Accommodation and food
* Health insurance
* Monthly Honorary Allowance (600 Lira for undergraduate, 1,100 Lira for postgraduate, and 1,600 Lira for Ph.D.). 1 lira equals more than 11 rupees.
* First time to go and return home after finishing studies.
Eligibility of the applicant
To apply for the scholarship, one has to have 80 percent marks in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent examinations for undergraduate and 75 percent marks in undergraduate and postgraduate for postgraduate-PhD. However, if you want to be admitted in medical, 90 percent marks will be required. Although the language of instruction in Turkey is Turkish, some universities offer English. In this case, according to the rules of the university has to have TOEFL or GRE score. IELTS scores are not acceptable in Turkey.
B. Dr. Bangladesh’s GPA-3.40 is equal to 80 percent marks in SSC and HSC examinations for Honors. For Masters and PhD: 75% marks in SSC and HSC are equivalent to GPA-3.6 in Bangladesh and CGPA-2.93 in Honors (also applicable for Masters). But I want to have Golden 5 in both for medical.
The whole process of applying for a scholarship in Turkey is free
The whole process of applying for a scholarship in Turkey is free of charge
* Must be under 21 years of age to apply for graduation.
* Postgraduate application age is below 30 years.
* Ph.D. under 35 years.
* You must be under 45 to apply for a research program.
Documents required for application
* A passport size photo with white background.
* Scanned copy of passport or national identity card or birth certificate. (Must be English copy)
* Scan copy of original certificate and mark sheet of ASC or Dakhil and HSC or Alim. (No need to attest from anywhere.)
* Certificates of all examinations.
* Marksheet of all examinations.
* Scanned copy of birth registration (in English), national identity card or passport.
* Certificate of TOEFL and GRE etc. (if any).
* Two reference letters (better for university professors).
* There are all kinds of extra curricular certificates (essay competition, scout, BNCC, GPA-5 reception, working in an NGO or other organization, etc.).
Graduates need to have 60% marks in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent examinations for scholarship and 65% marks in undergraduate and postgraduate for postgraduate-PhD.
Graduates need to have 60% marks in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent examinations for scholarship and 75% marks in undergraduate and postgraduate for postgraduate-PhD. Photo: Collected
Applications for the new session have started from January 10. The application will end on February 20. Interested candidates will complete the application within this period.
Address of application
Applications for Turkish scholarships have to be made online. And the whole process is free. Those interested can apply from the website https://turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/.
If you want, the new applicant students have the opportunity to contact the Facebook group of Bangladeshis studying in Turkey for the necessary information. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TurkeyScholarshipBD
* Author: Labib Faisal, Department of Journalism, Seljuk University, Konya, Turkey