Khulna Mukti Seba Sangstha (KMSS) Job Circular 2019
Project Team Leader (1)
Khulna Mukti Seba Sangstha (KMSS) is a Bangladeshi development organization has been working in the public health sector for last 22 years and currently implementing different projects in 7 districts.
As a partner of a large consortium led by Concern Worldwide (CW), KMSS is going to implement a new health programme titled “Essential Healthcare for the Disadvantaged in Bangladesh” funded by UK aid from the UK government. The programme aims to increase access to quality essential healthcare for the disadvantaged including people with disabilities in both urban and rural areas of the remote and underserved areas of Khulna, Bagerhat and Satkhira districts.
Job Purpose: This is a senior level national position and will be responsible for providing overall programme management and operational leadership for the above mentioned health programme. The position will supervise and manage the Programme and Finance teams and will be responsible and accountable for management and oversight of the programme on behalf of KMSS.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction and overall supervision for timely and successful implementation of quality programme, ensure program quality, knowledge production and dissemination
- Review and monitor budgets to support financial stability, on-going programme viability, efficient cost structures and value for money that meet the requirements of donors
- Ensure the programme design takes into account the payment-by-results (PBR) mechanism and results-based-management (RBM) approaches
- Ensure that programme implementation comply with donor and consortium lead’s contractual obligations and that all reporting is of good quality and is done in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with organizational and donor rules and regulations particularly with respect to financial and contract management
- Provide technical guidance for the development of training and capacity building plan for the Support Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) in developing and maintaining strong working relationships with other consortium members
- Lead and manage the programme and finance team to deliver on the programme strategy, providing leadership and guidance and ensuring that the management of the team is in line with consortium lead and donor requirement
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for the programme and leading on annual work planning, programme implementation, M&E and donor reporting
- programme staff, government health department and municipality health department staff
- Represent KMSS in the PIU.
- Ensure that KMSS values are reserved in terms of transparency, integrity, quality, compliance and risk management.
Educational: A master’s degree or equivalent from reputed university. Public health professional will get added advantage.
Job related experience and knowledge:
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive experience in health programme management with an international/national NGO with 7 years at senior level
- Proven experience working on managing a big funds with particular thematic sector of Health and Family planning
- Strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse program teams
- Demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Dynamic and willing to take initiatives to complete assigned task, and work independently
- Experience of working with major international donors, experience to work with UK aid will get preference
- Demonstrated experience of working in health system strengthening programme in urban and rural areas
- Demonstrated experience with high level policy makers and officials of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Local Government
- Critical thinking and analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Ability to working in a team and value others opinions, ideas and potentials
- Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions
- Ability to take decisions independently
- Ability to travel frequently to the remote coastal areas
- Proven experience in resource planning & budget management
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage change effectively
- Delegation, time management and prioritizing skills and coping with broad range of demands
Khulna Mukti Seba Sangstha (KMSS) Job Circular 2019
Duty Station: Khulna
Salary: BDT 168,927 (including bonus) monthly
Benefits: as per KMSS policy
Reportable to: The ED, KMSS
If you are confident and think you fit well in the position, please write an application to the Executive Director, KMSS and send it with a copy of your CV through email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st July 2019. Please mention the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. KMSS is an equal opportunity organization. However, qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Note: Due to the urgent requirement to fill in the position, KMSS is also reviewing applications on a rolling basis within the mentioned period. If you consider yourself suitable, please apply at your earliest. Selected candidates will need to join within a short notice.
Consider linking to these articles: