Partner Advertisment

How to Get a Job in the USA

How to Get a Job in the USA

Do you dream of living in the USA? Typically, you need a job offer before you can come to the US to work. Perhaps you’ve always dreamed of coming to the United States to live and work. While the US has relatively strict immigration policies, you can still fulfill your dream with a little effort and persistence. In This Article, We are Going To Discuss METHODS1. Finding a Sponsor 2.Applying for a Temporary Work Visa 3.Getting a Green Card. And Also Discuss , USA Job Visa and Its Type and How To Apply and Requirement. 3 Ways To get a Job In America.

How to Get a Job in the USA
How to Get a Job in the USA


Finding a Sponsor

Create an American-style résumé and cover letter.

  • Provide specific facts and figures for your educational or employment accomplishments.
  • Only include work experience that is directly relevant to the position you’re applying to
  • Use simple and consistent fonts and formatting
  • Be specific about your English language proficiency

Search for American employers in your industry

  • Set up an account on LinkedIn (if you don’t already have one). Many employers use your LinkedIn profile as your résumé, especially if you’re also applying online.
  • If a company has hired people from your home country before, they’re more likely to do so again. Network with colleagues from your country who now work in the US and find out what companies they work for.


  • Contact a recruiting agency if you’re an experienced professional.
  • Edit your cover letter and résumé for each job you apply to.
  • Follow up on your applications after a week or two
  • Attend your interview in person or online
  • Ask about sponsorship when you accept the job offer.

Method 2

Applying for a Temporary Work Visa

  1. Ask your American employer to file a petition on your behalf.
  2. Wait until your employer’s petition is approved
  3. Get together the documents you’ll need to complete your application.
  4. Complete your visa application online.
  5. Upload a recent passport-sized photo for your application.
  6. Submit your online application.
  7. Contact the US embassy or consulate nearest you.
  8. Participate in your visa interview.
  9. Pick up your visa at the embassy or consulate.

Method 3

Getting a Green Card

  • Ask your employer to file an immigration petition for you.
  • Find out your priority date from your employer.
  • Use the filing chart to determine when you can file your application.
  • Get a medical examination from an approved civil surgeon.
  • Fill out Form I-485 to apply for a green card.
  • Make copies of documents to support your application.
  • Submit your application and supporting documents to USCIS.
  • Go to your biometric services appointment.
  • Participate in an interview if you receive a notice
  • Wait to receive your written decision notice.

How to Choose the Right Visa

How To Get Work Permit Visa in America.
How To Get Work Permit Visa in America.


The H-1B is a visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H) that allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. A specialty occupation requires the application of specialized knowledge and a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of work experience. The duration of stay is three years, extendable to six years; after which the visa holder may need to reapply.H-1B visa applicants or holders are typically foreign graduates that attended a U.S. University that would like the ability to stay, work and live in the United States.  A downside to the H-1B visa is that is a temporary non-permanent visa and they expire in as little as 3 years.  Many of these young graduates and professionals that study in the United States would prefer to live and work here indefinitely.

 Every year a total of 85,000 H-1B visas are awarded, of which 65,000 are for graduates with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 20,000 with a master’s degree or higher.


H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers. The H-2B nonimmigrant program permits employers to temporarily hire nonimmigrants to perform nonagricultural labor or services in the United States. The employment must be of a temporary nature for a limited period of time such as a one-time occurrence, seasonal need, a peak load need, or intermittent need. The H-2B program requires the employer to attest to the Department of Labor that it will offer a wage that equals or exceeds the highest of the prevailing wage, applicable Federal minimum wage, the State minimum wage, or local minimum wage to the H-2B nonimmigrant worker for the occupation in the area of intended employment during the entire period of the approved H-2B labor certification. The H-2B program also establishes certain recruitment and displacement standards in order to protect similarly employed U.S. workers.

Qualifications for an H-2B Visa Petitioner

  1. There are not enough U.S. workers who are able, willing, qualified, and available to do the temporary work
  2. Employing H-2B workers will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers
  3. Its need for the prospective worker’s services or labor is temporary, regardless of whether the underlying job can be described as temporary.  The employer’s need is considered temporary if it is:
    • Recurring seasonal need: Work regularly tied to a season
    • Intermittent need: Work when an employer doesn’t have full-time staff and needs occasional workers
    • Peak-load need: Work during busy periods for the employer when additional staff is needed
    • One time occurrence: Work needed during a short, one time period


H-2A Temporary Agricultural Workers. The H-2A program allows U.S. employers or U.S. agents who meet specific regulatory requirements to bring foreign nationals to the United States to fill temporary agricultural jobs. A U.S. employer, a U.S. agent as described in the regulations, or an association of U.S. agricultural producers named as a joint employer must file Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, on a prospective worker’s behalf.

H-2B Visa Requirements

To qualify for an H-2B visa, your employer must meet the following requirements:

  • The employer must have a need that is seasonal, one-time, intermittent, or peak load.
  • The job time-frame must be for less than one year.
  • There must be no qualified and willing U.S. workers available for the job.

The employee must meet the following H-2B visa requirements:

    • You must have a valid job offer from a U.S. employer to do seasonal or temporary work.
    • You must have the correct background and abilities for the job.
    • You must intend to return home before the expiration date on the visa.


The L1 visa is an intra-company transfer US visa. It allows a US company to transfer a key employee from one of its offices in another country into the United States. An L-1 visa is a visa document used to enter the United States for the purpose of work in L-1 status. It is a non-immigrant visa, and is valid for a relatively short amount of time, from three months (for Iran nationals) to five years (India, Japan, Germany), based on a reciprocity schedule.[1] With extensions, the maximum stay is seven years.[2]

It also allows companies to open a US operation for the transfer of its executives, managers, and specialized employees.

There are two types of L1 visa:

  • L1-A is for managers and executives, who are either transferring to a US office or coming into the US for the purposes of setting up a US office.
  • L1-B is for specialized employees, who have essential specialist skills or knowledge.

L1 Visa Requirements

  1. The petitioning company may be a corporation, charity (or other non-profit organization), or a religious organization. Other types of qualifying entities may also be permitted.
  2. The petitioning employer (in the US) must have a qualifying relationship with a foreign company. Types of qualifying relationships include parent company, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate.
  3. The employer must be doing business as an employer in the US and in at least one foreign country. This means they are actively and continually delivering goods or services, simply having an office does not qualify.
  4. The employee must have completed a minimum of one year’s continuous employment for the company outside of the US within the three years immediately prior to the application. Any time spent working in the United States will not count towards the twelve months.
  5. The employee must intend to leave the United States at the end of the visa term.

L1 Visa FAQs “Must the company already have a US office?” No. It is permissible to transfer a manager or executive to the United States for the purposes of setting up a US office. “Can the employee’s family also stay in the United States?” Yes, the employee’s spouse and any unmarried children under 21 may stay under an L-2 visa. The spouse may also work in the US. “Can an employee switch jobs or employers?” Yes, it may be possible to work for a new employer provided they obtain a new visa, such as H1. “Can an employee do other work?” No, under the terms of an L1 visa, the employee must only work for the petitioning employer.

Leave a Comment