Canadian Embassies and High Commission Job Application Online. Canadian Embassies and High Commissions are bilateral missions abroad and represent the government of Canada in foreign countries. All the major Canadian embassies and High Commissions are located in the capital of the host country. Canadian Embassies and High Commissions are bilateral missions abroad and represent the government of Canada in foreign countries. All the major Canadian embassies and High Commissions are located in the capital of the host country.
Canada Embassies Job Applicaion
You can contact the consular department of the embassy for visa application, passports, consular statements, legalization of documents, and information on the opening hours of the different departments of the Embassy of Canada in Dhaka.CanadA Embassies and High Commission
Canada High Commission Job Announcement
Competition Notice: DHAKA-2021-001
|Position title:||Political Advisor – Rohingya Refugee Crisis|
|Location:||High Commission of Canada to Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Group and Level:||LE-08|
|Issuance Date:||January 15, 2021|
|Closing Date:||23:00 January 30, 2021|
|Type of employment:||Anticipatory – Term position (1 year with possible extension to permanent position)|
|Hours of work:||37.5 hours/week|
The Canadian High Commission in Dhaka is looking for a dynamic and proactive Political Advisor.
- Any person eligible to work in Bangladesh
- All employees of the High Commission of Canada to Bangladesh
All applicants must:
- Meet all of the essential requirements stated below.
- Fluency in English: written and spoken (a written test may be administered).
- Fluency in Bangla: written and spoken.
- At least five years’ experience working as a political and/or governance officer in a government body, research organization, think tank, diplomatic mission, or international organization.
- Experience in conducting research and analysis, drafting reports, briefing materials, and providing advice to management.
- Experience organizing events such as panel discussions and conferences in-person and virtually (online).
- Experience building and maintaining a network of contacts.
- Experience preparing correspondence as well as communications materials such as speeches, talking points, press releases, and content for social media.
- Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- MS Teams, Webex, WhatsApp, and Zoom.
- Extensive knowledge of the political, human rights and security affairs of Bangladesh.
- Good understanding of the political, social, economic and international relations aspects of the Rohingya crisis, and a good grasp of its local, national and regional repercussions and policy implications.
- Knowledge of influential governmental and civil society individuals and organizations (national and local) in Bangladesh, including those who work on policy and project implementation related to the Rohingya presence in Bangladesh
All applications will be carefully reviewed against the mandatory and desired requirements of the job.
Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment, including a personal interview with a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicant’s knowledge, abilities, competencies and personal suitability for the position. In addition, tests may be conducted to assist the selection board in assessing the applicant’s qualifications, skills, and language ability. Reference verifications shall be conducted as a part of the hiring process.
The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list to staff similar openings which may arise in the twelve (12) months following the completion of this competition.
Conditions of Employment (MUST BE MET):
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to a Reliability Check (RC) obtained by the Management. To conduct the Reliability Check (RC), the candidate will have to submit the following documents on being selected by the mission.
DO NOT PROVIDE THESE DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION – ONLY IF SELECTED
- Police clearance certificate (Character Certificate)
- Letter of recognition from your bank stating your name, years of client service and your address
- Professional and educational certificates and mark sheets (i.e., academic transcripts)
- Piece of identification (passport or driver’s license)
**Candidates must be available to work overtime.
How to apply:
See Original Job circular: https://hotjobs.bdjobs.com/jobs/HC_Canada/HC_Canada25.htm
To apply, please send an email to dhakaHR@international.gc.ca with Political Advisor – Rohingya Refugee Crisis in the subject line and include the following attachments:
- the application form (found on BDJobs) completed in full
- Cover letter