Partner Advertisment

Australia international students higher education

Australia is one of the most popular destinations for international students to pursue higher education. Every year thousands of students in the country apply for student visas with their aspirations for higher education. However, many students do not dream of pursuing higher education in the country as they do not have the right method or the ever-changing law of applying for this visa. In the new year, like other Australian visas, there have been several changes to the visa application process. In addition, the name of the Australian Department of Immigration has been changed from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to the Department of Home Affairs (DHA). Here are the changed rules and some suggestions for student visas.


Apply in advance
Want to study in Australia or think to apply? Then it is better to apply now without delay. The Australian Department of Immigration will receive a large number of applications from now until April. This means that the peak period of student visa will start from now and will continue till April. So if you don’t want to face any obstacle to get a student visa, you should apply as soon as possible. Generally, applications have to be submitted at least 8-12 weeks before the commencement of classes at the educational institution.

Submit evidence immediately

Previously, after applying for an Australian education visa, if there was a lack of proof, you would be asked to submit a new one. But from now on the visa decision will be given without any additional proof or information. Therefore, when applying for a student visa, all the proofs related to the visa must be attached immediately. The sponsor’s financial documents must be submitted well.


Write GTE in fluent and clear language

It is mandatory to mention the purpose of coming to Australia in the application form when applying for a student visa. The only purpose of entering Australia is to receive an education and to return to your home country at the end, either in writing or separately. This statement is called Genuine Temporary Entrant or GTE. A number of new aspects need to be mentioned in this GTE from now on along with several other issues. If there is any irregularity or any break in the study, it should be mentioned. The same is true of work experience. In addition, if the subject you want to study in Australia is not related to your previous studies and work, you have to write it in GTE. Future plans, as well as what you would like to read, should be written about how they will help the plan.

Leave a Comment